Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An amazing day in Nepal

LUGGAGE!!!! I just now brought it home I put on some clean clothes and feel like I can competly relax now.

Yesterday there was a strike. I guess the Maosist leader got killed or just died they are not sure and so they held a strike which basically means all of nepal was shut down. no taxis or buses or cars or scooters or any other form of vehical was allowed even bikes. so no one could get to work so nothing was open. We had to stay at home but or mom took a to a pool nearby with the two children. we had to wear swim caps and the water was not clear at all you could not see your feet even!

Today!!!!!
MT EVEREST!!! a 12 person plane right along the ridge we got to go into the cockpit and walk around wonderful amazing view. below us were clouds you could not see land at all and the mountains were snow capped. it was like a different world. and sad to say i liked nepals holy mountain alot more than mt. everest. i will try and upload pics soon and now i have a camera charger!

Monkey temple- a buddist stupa up on a mountain in the middle of a forest. monkeys were everywhere. one almost climbed on me because i was eating water melon or orientation leader renzin had to tell me to throw it down the monkey had the rest... there weree little baby monkeys holding on for dear life to their moms stomachs and ones swinging threw the trees. so so fun to watch.

o and best of all my stomach has had no problems... knock on wood!
love love love you all

1 comment:

  1. What experiences. I have seen pictures of monkeys taking food from people. I thought I had trouble with a few rabbits. Could you really tell which mt. was everest? You have not bloged any weather info is it cold or just right?
    Hope you get too go and volunteer soon. Only food you have mentioned is watermelon. Have you had anything else? Goodbye for now with hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete